Real ROI: Why You Should Market to Chicago Associations
1. Chicago is the nation’s second largest association community, and
- Is the No. 1 health care association market, with more medical associations and professional societies than any other city in the United States.
- Is the homebase for more than 1,600 membership organizations, 80 percent of which are national or international in scope.
- Serves more than 37 million members and 9 million donors, worldwide.
- Employs more than 47,000 association professionals.
- Attracts more than 2 million people to association-sponsored events.
2. Chicago associations spend big bucks.
Chicago associations aren’t just comprised of association professionals. They’re also consumers. In fact, Chicagoland associations:
- Have combined budgets of more than $10 billion.
- Control more than $2 billion in meetings and convention expenditures.
- Spend more than $500 million a year to print and publish magazines, newsletters, brochures and other materials.
- Spend around $294 million on IT/web services, $79 million on legal services, $41 million on accounting and $21 million on lobbying.
3. Chicago associations are actively looking for suppliers.
As the association for associations in Chicago, Association Forum knows firsthand that its members are always looking for quality vendors and suppliers. Moreover, they use connections made during Association Forum events and information found in publications and the online Buyer’s Guide to do their shopping. Be seen by your customers through sponsorship and advertising with Association Forum.
Contact Phyllis Scott, Manager, Business Development at (312) 924-7033 for Sponsorship Opportunities.